For Ages: 9 to 12
In this programme, students get to learn the concepts of programming using the Scratch block – based coding platform. Students will learn standard programming while focusing on increasingly challenging computational thinking activities.
Students will learn standard programming proficiencies such as:
- When Green Flag clicked/When (key) pressed
- Forever/Repeat until/Repeat (x)
- Wait (x) seconds/Wait Until
Students will learn concepts such as, but not limited to:
- String manipulation
- Making/Adding/Editing Lists
- Sprite coordinate system
- Moving (x) steps and turning (x) degrees
- Using/deleting clones of sprites
- Ask user for input blocks
Upcoming Competition: IDE Series 2023
- Tentative competition date
- IDE (Innovation, Design and Engineering) Series is a national technology and engineering competition event. The competition aims to challenge students on problem solving across domains such as electronics, programming, and mechanical design.
- Under this Scratch Programme, students will be able to participate in the IDE Code Builder; a category under the IDE Series 2023. They will code based on a series of computing – based questions as individual participants.
Classes are starting the 1st week of March 2023. Register with us now.